Monday, January 26, 2009

From the Girls

Hello Family and Friends,

We miss you all! We're thankful for your prayers. Our new apartment is on the 4th floor in the corner of the building. There's no elevator so when we got here, we had to pull all of our luggage up the stairs. It was hard and tiring. Our driver was even more exhausted than us and he is a muscle man!

We can't wait to get the boys and come home! Today we get to go see Jen.

To all of Erin's friends, I miss you soooo much. Kate from Portland, I remember you. When I look at the pictures I cry. Marina, I hope you and Paige are having fun at school. Mrs. Salomonson, I hope you aren't having a hard time with the class. The first thing I want to eat when I get home is a chocolate chip cookie and a German chocolate cake. (Mom says, "You like German Choolate cake? Erin says, "Well, I don't know ... I've never had it but everyone tells me how good it is!") My favorite treats here in Ukraine, so far, was the pastries and sweet bread from the tunnel under the intersection. The first thing I want to do when I get home is run up to Marina and Graham and give them a HUGE hug!

To all of Natalie's friends, keep emailing me! We want to know how life is in America? How is everyone in Tara Jo's class? What are you learning? Friends at school, I hope you have fun in Sonora! Life here in Ukraine is a lot like it was in Mexico. Mrs. Rhodus, I picked out a gift for you. Mr. Binford, I have already read 3 books! When I get back to America the weather will seem warm because it is freezing here. The first thing I want to do when I get home is see all of my friends. The first thing I want to eat is a big,fat Reese's Peanutbutter Cup. My favorite food so far here in Ukraine was pizza at Pizza Bella. My favorite treats, so far, was the ice cream at Pizza Bella and some chocolate covered crunchy things they gave us at one of the Inspector's Offices. All each of our apr apartments there has been a really good view.

We love you all! Bye, for now.

9 comments:

  1. We love you and miss you girls.
    Tell Jenia we love him to and want to ride bikes with him and Slava soon.
    Hugs all around.
    Our love and prayers always........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - remember how I told you there would be things in Ukraine that you'd say "only in Ukraine" that picture is priceless, can you imagine play equiptment like that here in the US? The girls look like they are doing good, how are you holding up? Any news on when court might be? My other friend Susan (who is in Ochakiv) went to court today and now have a new son and daughter:) I'm praying that your day is coming soon.

    TODAY'S ENCOURAGING WORD - 1/26/2009

    Answer me when I call to you, O God who declares me innocent.
    Free me from my troubles. Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

    --Psalm 4:1, NLT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls look great...I will personally be sure to have some chocolate chip cookies for you, Erin, and Reese's for you, Natalie. Count on it!
    We miss you all, but know that you are getting to see soooo many interesting things. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate Chip cookies and peanut butter cups it is! Any adult requests? Girls you look like you are having a great time. I hope you are keeping a daily journal so when you are my age (or your Mom's :) you can look back and remember all kinds of interesting things from your trip. Glad to hear your apts. have been nice. Run into any bathroom probs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girls! The sun came out today and the kids were outside playing "forts, princess, and knights". We missed you Erin being another princess. J says "I love you, I would like a hug. Tell S & J hi from me". R says "I love you Erin and I set up the doll house like you like it. Whenever I look at pictures I remember you and cry. I can't wait for you to get back". B says "I love you. I miss you. When you get back all us boys will wrestle alot. It will be Easter soon and it will be fun because the boys will be here." H says "I miss you all and I will email again Natalie. I missed you at church." T says "Hey Tony, you missed giving me my very first bifocals and Dr. Lopez is a nice guy. I had another student tell me we have the same doctor. You are very popular. Bring me back Ukrainian roadkill if you can." :)
    Love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie and Erin,

    Tiffany and Christian want to tell Natalie that she may have to wait to eat her big Reese's peanut butter cup because peanut butter is making people sick!!! We are currently experiencing a peanut butter scare, but rest assured Erin Chocolate Chip Cookies are still on the shelves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Baudonnets! I am finally getting caught up on your blog and love reading and getting updated. I miss you all and think of you often and pray for your adventure! Natalie & Erin I miss hugging you and hanging out in your cool rooms. Susan I miss you and our chats and studies together. But I have loved your songs on this page...good taste :) Oh and I miss Mr. Tony of course. Hello all and anticipate reading more and hearing and seeing even more when you return!

    -ashley brannan
    psalm 34:5

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had such a blast talking to you yesterday. Technology is truly amazing when it is used for the right things!!! I hope today goes smoother and the Hauss Kids are very excited to skype with you this Saturday if it is possible. My prayer for you today is for kindess when you are dealing with the slow adoption process. Let your light shine in the darkness of the Ukraine. We love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey baudonnet family,
    It's so good to hear from you guys! It looks like and sounds like you guys are having a great time. We all miss you. It's so weird to go into the third grade room on sundays and not see Erin there. She always knows how to put a smile on my face. I can't wait to hear about all of your stories of the Ukraine. Keep taking lots of pictures! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. We love you and miss you all. God bless!

    In His Love,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete